Is someone making you feel scared? It could be a person at school, a sibling, a teacher or an older friend?
How do you know if you’re being bullied or just having a bad time?
- Is this happening a lot? Bullying happens repeatedly, not just once.
- Do you feel anxious every time you see them, wondering what they’ll say or do to you this time? Being bullied can be very scary.
- Are they threatening to hurt you or even hurting you? Maybe they punch or kick you, or steal things from you?
- Is someone always saying things to you or about you that hurt your feelings?
- Does your teacher embarrass you in front of your class by calling you names or making you do things you don’t want to?
If the bully is an adult - even your teacher, parent or caregiver, it is a serious problem. This is abuse. If you are a minor, it is child abuse. It is against the law.
Need to speak to someone? Call your national Lifeline or Childline for help, advice and support.
Want to learn some tricks? Read more below.